- Went for a walk. Got shit on by a bird. "I'm being shit on, that's all, shit on!" Literally.
- Returned home, watched some TV.
- Ate three pieces of pizza, which cost me a NutriSum point.
- Watched more TV, fell asleep.
- Woke up, shower, blah blah blah...
- Weighed myself: 121.
- Read newspaper, bus, went to work...
- Breakfast: blueberry yogurt and Diet Coke.
- Worked. Was irritated by some work-related stuff but it's kind of irrelevant unless you work there.
- Dude got the job. Yay. Found out my car is not suitable for driving on the freeway, so really, what's the point of driving period.
- Ate lunch: vegetables, rice, spaghetti, cottage cheese, roll, craisins, orange.
- Worked. Wrote some notes down about the stuff that irritated me because believe me, it will be addressed.
- Went to my mom's work for a ride home.
- Arrived at home, ate two more pieces of pizza. This costs me two NutriSum points for today, because I'm trying to keep my calories down. Consequently, I'm skipping one of my whole grains and one of my vegetable points.
- Read on the internet.
- Went for a walk. Since it rained again, the KK river is really high and the current is much faster than usual.
- Came home. He cleaned the house because it seemed like I was in a bad mood and he wanted to make me feel better. That's really nice, but it didn't work.
- Wrote this post.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
This covers approximately 11:00 PM last night through now...
- Paid some bills and wrote out the check for my rent.
- Stalked someone on CCAP.
- Watched TV.
- Went to sleep, had weird dreams. It had to do with making hot chocolate at a gathering at my friend's parents' house, then I had my parents pick me up to go get some brats. For some reason we stopped at this super-fancy restaurant. I had to wait while my parents did something and I was sitting by a dessert cart. I grabbed a piece of chocolate cake with my hands and ran out of the restaurant, where some restaurant worker was waiting in the bushes to catch me. I was led back into the restaurant, where the haughty old-woman owner made some comment about only letting "elite" families into the restaurant. Something to the effect of "This is what happens when you let 'those kind of people' into places like this." I think I ended up back at my friend's parents' house with the brats somehow after that, and there was something about watching a basketball game on TV.
- Woke up, brushed teeth, showered, got dressed, combed hair.
- Weighed myself: 123.
- Walked to the bus stop, read the newspaper, waited for the bus.
- Went to work.
- Ate breakfast: blueberry yogurt and a Diet Coke.
- Ate lunch: vegetable sandwich, vegetables, rice, cottage cheese, nectarine. It was approx. 622 calories.
- Worked more.
- Ugh, went to a team meeting. They suck, but this one wasn't too horrible. The dumb-ass of our team participated via a conference call, so it was better than usual.
- Worked a little more.
- Walked to my mom's work for a ride home.
- Arrived at home. I want to know how my boyfriend's job interview went, but he isn't here and he didn't leave a note. And I can't call him because we share a phone. WTF...
- Ate one of those Uncle Ben's Whole Grain rice packets.
- Read some of those websites.
- Posted the Britney post.
- Posted this one.
Hey, guess who's home. Tomorrow will be from about 8 PM to whenever I post!
Most of these young Hollywood celebutante types are not particularly bright. Most of them haven't even graduated high school. But Britney seems actually kind of slow. The other thing is that she was built up to be the most beautiful, sexy girl in the world and it was all youth, airbrushing and marketing. Her success came between ages 16 and 22, when most people are at their peak of attractiveness. Then she had a couple of kids right in a row, and her looks faded. She stopped her crazy Madonna-like exercise and touring routine, and she simply got older and her body changed. Seemingly overnight, she went from future MILF to a saggy 25-year-old with two kids and a douchebag mooch husband. Then the media (the "airbrushing and marketing" part of this equation) turned on her. That's gotta mess with someone's self-esteem. Having no real friends and family that's just out to spend her money can't help either. Clearly she couldn't handle it and it led to a month's-long public nervous breakdown. Hopefully she really is getting the help she needs to get a handle on her life. Maybe she'll decide she wants to return to performing (let's hope not, because the world doesn't need more crappy computerized music). Maybe not. But her real goal should be a return to emotional stability and the ability to be a mother to her sons. If all she does after that point is live off her fortune and stay out of the public eye, it will be an achievement for her.